A Reel Fishy Story



One bright morning, Winnie the Pooh said to Piglet, “I think I shall go fishing.”
“But you never catch any fish,” Piglet pointed out.
“Well, why don’t you come with me?” Pooh suggested. “Maybe you’ll bring me good luck.”
“I don’t know if I can bring you luck,” Piglet answered. “But I would like to go swimming.”

So Pooh and Piglet walked to the river. They settled down comfortably against a tree. Pooh cast his line into the river.

Piglet, though, didn’t want to catch a fish. He wanted to go swimming.

Soon Pooh felt a hard jerk on his fishing pole.

“I’ve caught a big one!” he shouted.
“Piglet, look!”

Pooh turned to find his friend. But Piglet wasn’t there!
Piglet had gone swimming, and Pooh had caught him!

“But, Piglet,” Pooh complained, “I wanted to catch a fish!”
“You have caught a fish, Pooh!” said Piglet. “I’ve brought you good luck, after all!”





No comments: